Thursday, September 4, 2008

embracing people not pillows; a welcome change.

I believe a thank you is in order, for the nice girl up on Margaret St. A long time friend, now reappearing in my life more and more, is showing me a different view on things. I'm beginning to even question the whole solitude stance, it's quite the anomaly in the equation that is now known as my life.

When are we most vulnerable? I'm sure this question has been pondered many times and I bet you would be hard-pressed to find somebody who wouldn't answer, "in our sleep; in bed". Waking up, entwined within a soft, warm, and friendly body, has got to be one of the most comforting feelings when you really break it down. There need not be complications, awkwardness, or standard college age behavior, because when it comes down to it, the part I miss most of not being alone, is not sleeping alone.

We've known each other for quite a substantial amount of time, yet we've also been out of touch for awhile. It's nice to know that after this lapse in time, we click back into sync. I felt just as comfortable around you this morning as I did in our past and it means a lot to have another real friend to add to my short list of people worth a damn.

Thanks for being there, it means more than you probably know.

No comments: